Àmàlà is a local indigenous west African food, It is made out of cassava flour. Amala is mainly served with a variety of soups.
Prepare time: 5 min
Cook: 15 min
Ready in: 20 min
How To Prepare
- Pour the quantity of water you want to use in a pot and let it heat to a boiling point.
- Once the water is boiled, turn out the fire and gradually begin to add your flour.
- Ensure you do not add the flour to the water when still on the fire, that way it does not form lumps.
- Turn the flour with a wooden stick for a while, add little water and put it back on the fire to cook on low heat for about 5mins so as to make it cook properly.
- You can use one of your clean finger to feel it while still on fire to be sure it is neither too soft nor to hard add some hot water.
- Stir well until it very smooth
- Wrap with nylon and put it in a cooler , so as to keep it warm.